This round, stoneware bonsai pot was handcrafted with an earthy red clay. It features an inset ridge detail around the bottom of the pot and minimalist-style carved feet.
This piece also features an intentionally distressed carving to create a look of age and to embrace the Japanese concept of wabi sabi – the acceptance of transience and imperfection.
This piece was intended to be used for kusamono accent plants (potted arrangements of wild grasses, moss and flowers), miniature seikei landscape plantings or keshiki bonsai. It would also work well for a variety of succulents and moss plantings.
- 5.25" diameter x 1.25" overall height x 1" interior depth
- 13.3 cm diameter x 3.2 cm overall height x 2.5 cm interior depth
- Weight 0.25kg / 0.55lb
- Durable stoneware clay fired to 2250 degrees Fahrenheit for frost-resistance
- One central drainage hole
- One pair of wire tie holes
- Carved feet allow for air circulation below the bonsai tree
- One of a kind artwork made from pure craftsmanship without the use of forms or molds
- Signed by Canadian artist, Ashley Keller and individually numbered on the bottom
- Pot #19007