This round, stoneware bonsai pot was crafted with a white, porcelaneous stoneware clay. It was hand-painted by Canadian artist, Ashley Keller, and features her unique take on a Japanese inspired geisha painting.
This unique artwork features two portraits of a geisha. The first scene shows a serene, delicately painted portrait of a geisha who is ready for the day. The second scene shows the geisha as she lets her hair down for the evening while peering into a hand mirror.
Using a Korean carving knife, Ashley first creates the intricate, fine-line illustration on semi-wet clay. The carving is inlaid with black underglaze and the pot is fired to a semi-porous state. After the first firing, Ashley sands the pot and hand-paints the surface with additional colours to create depth and bring life to the initial line work. Finally, the painting is sealed with clear glaze and fired to 2250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 4.5" diameter x 4.5" height x 4" interior depth
- 11.4cm diameter x 11.4cm height x 10.2cm interior depth
- Weight 0.52 kg / 1.2 lbs
- Durable stoneware clay fired to 2250 degrees Fahrenheit for frost-resistance
- One central drainage hole
- Two wire holes
- Footed bottom for air circulation below the bonsai tree
- One of a kind artwork made from pure craftsmanship without the use of forms or molds
- Marked with the chop of Canadian artist, Ashley Keller and individually numbered on the bottom
- Pot #18097